Pro-active operation of cascade reservoirs in extreme conditions (floods and droughts) using a Comprehensive Decision Support Systems (CDSS). Case study: Jijia catchment
Contract Number: 15/2012
Code: PN-II- II-PT-PCCA-2011-3-3.2-0344
Beneficiary: The Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding, CNCS – UEFISCDI
Topic: The social-economic impact of climatic extreme conditions. Flood and drought
Project purpose: examination of predicitive operation rules of spillways and bottom gates for a cascade of reservoirs; maximal attenuation of extreme conditions for the entire river stretch; case study on the hydrological basin of Jijia.
Achievment of goals takes into account technological constraints as:
- the maximum volume in the reservoirs;
- the maximum gradients of water increase or decrease in the reservoirs;
- the maximum value of the water depth on the spillways;
- the maximum discharge acceptable downstream reservoirs;
- the elimination of strong discharge variation downstream reservoirs;
- type of soil, crops, relief etc. of the Jijia Basin
Flood attenuation and drought mitigation will be realized both on permanent and temporary reservoirs (polders) by using complex decision and control systems.